Monday, September 26, 2011

How to Help a Friend in Need #DomesticViolence

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Help your friends, family, teens, kids and teachers understand how to help those experiencing abuse.
  • Offer to volunteer your home as a safe house if you have a spare bedroom
  • Offer to spend a few hours each month on a hotline
  • Offer to donate cloths and toys to places such as the Treasure Trunk in Colorado or to the Safe Houses
  • Drop off diapers and formula to any Safe House

My experience: The Treasure Trunk offered me a gift certificate of $50. This was incredibly generous, as I was able to buy gently used or never worn (some had the original tags on them) for me and my two kids. Because I had to spend our money on an attorney to help us, we had very little left for food, clothing and the daily prescriptions my son required.

No comments:

Post a Comment